Re: Georgia RR cars (was Not boxcar red)

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, timboconnor@... wrote:

I was contemplating whether to try something like that with
one of Ted Culotta's Wabash single sheathed box cars....
Tim--

I'm not sure what you plan to do, exactly. What I used the Bare-
Metal for was to simulate sheet steel welded onto the lower part of a
car side to replace rusted-out material. I'm thinking of using it to
make new roof "panels" for a "welded roof" to replace the one on the
Tichy Georgia RR steel-sided USRA boxcar rebuild.

But, how did you plan to use the foil on the Wabash car? Looks
interesting, and I'm ALWAYS interested in new techniques.

Steve Lucas.

From: "Steve Lucas" <stevelucas3@...>
I used Bare-Metal foil to add "new steel" to a Westerfield CASO
boxcar, using this photo for reference.

http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/images/caso-138113-1.jpg

After painting the car with Scalecoat #2 Red Oxide, I was very
pleased with the effect created by using this foil. The stuff is
about .001-.002" thick.

Steve Lucas.