Re: New Standards for Freight Cars Models

Kurt Laughlin <fleeta@...>

Larry, I don't know what support Tony needs from me to publish his
next book or Richard his next RMJ article. More to the point, I
can't see how any sort of standardization document (note the message
subject) would have any effect on improving detail quality and
accuracy. Can you elaborate on this?

My point of reference is armor models, which have improved by an
order of magnitude in detail quality and accuracy the last 20 years.
There are no standards whatsoever in that hobby, so you can see my
skepticism that new standards will make any difference in my areas of
interest.

KL

--- In STMFC@..., Larry Grubb <larry450sl@...> wrote:

Kurt,
If you look at the typical freight car kit from 20 years ago and
the ones being produced today, you will see significant improvement
in
the detail quality and accuracy of the models. The market reacted to
demand created by and made possible by many modelers on this list who
did something. Why you think you cannot or should not contribute to
that is puzzling to me. If you want improved detail quality and
accuracy, why not support those people who have worked very hard (And
continue to work very hard) to get that for you?