Re: New Standards for Freight Cars Models

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Tim O'Connor writes:

"We on the other hand, can build our own models to our own standards.
Some people detail underframes. Some don't. Some convert everything
to scale size Kadees. Some don't. Some use .088 wheels, and most
don't. From my point of view, we all can CHOSE our own level and what
is wrong with that?"

Nothing at all and that's where we are today. As I have tried to pint out, the NMRA currently has at last 4 different wheel profile standards in place for HO, S and O scale and manufacturers have added one of their own to HO. It is left to the modeler to pick which one he/she prefers to use.

Mike Brock