Bare metal foil vs Paint (was Re: Georgia RR cars (was Not boxcar red))

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

Bruce,
Thanks for the information and thanks again for the comment about the
difference in color on the foil without a primer coat.
Gene Green

Gene,

When I used this approach for patch panels on an X29, I did not
have
any problem, although I also grit blasted the surface. I did
however
have a problem with coverage as the silver metal foil showed
through
as a different color then where the red plastic body was painted.
On
subsequent cars done this way, I have used a base color of silver
even the car out, followed by painting the body color.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL