Re: Santa Fe Bx48 Boxcar Image

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Garth & Group,

I presently have three C&BT ATSF Bx-48 kits spread out on the
workbench for assembly with improved details. All of these kits have
separate ladders, etc. And yes, the parts furnished with the kit are
rather course. When the upgrade work is completed, I believe that the
cars will at least pass the "three foot test."

-- Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On May 27, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Garth G. Groff wrote:

Fred:

I just Googled C&BT Shops, and only came up with a Walthers listing:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?manu=193&split=30 . My suspicion
is
that the boxcars all have cast-on details, though you might care to
inquire with Walthers. AFAIK, the SFRD reefers still come with
separate
parts, though many of those are quite coarse and should be replaced
with
parts from Intermountain.

You might be better to try eBay. The older cars used to be quite
common
there.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Frederick Freitas wrote:
List,

These C&BT cars come up often on this list. Does anyone know where
these are still available other than the odd show? I would like to
add some more to my PRR fleet.

Fred Freitas