Re: Modified 1937 AAR Boxcars

Ed Hawkins

On May 31, 2008, at 11:50 AM, Ed Hawkins wrote:

The IM model can reasonably
accurately represent nearly all cars listed in the roster. Cars built
for Erie and EJ&E are considered exceptions and cannot accurately be
modeled using the IM kit without making major changes.
Brian,
Sorry for the extra bandwidth, but after sending my reply I realized
that the IM model (having ends with round corners) cannot be used to
accurately represent prototype cars with square-corner 5/5 Dreadnaught
Ends. Thus, I revise my statement by limiting it to nearly all cars
listed in the roster having round-corner ends, which excludes cars for
Soo Line, DSS&A, and some IC cars.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins