Re: Texaco Tank Car Fleet in 1950

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Garth Groff wrote:
Sorry. I hit the wrong key. I have nothing solid to offer you, except that the silver Texaco cars date from the 1930s and were all black well before the 1950s.
Richard Hendrickson can add more to this topic when he returns tomorrow from his weekend excursion, but I think Garth's answer is incomplete. Texaco, like most oil companies, only used "fancy" schemes like the aluminum cars for consumer products delivered to local dealers, therefore only a fraction of their fleet was so painted. Most of their cars were ALWAYS black. I think Garth is right, though, that in the 1950s they ALL became black.

Publishers of books on railroad history