From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
rwitt_2000
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:27 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Taking Apart a Sunshine Model

John Golden wrote:

" The problem is that this SAL round-roof box car has a huge, thick roof
casting and the body did not assemble properly."

Martin did the B&O M-27 versions with the Tatum roof also with a very
thick casting for the roof. When I build mine I intend to scratch build
the roof per the article in Railroad Model Craftsman by Bob Chapman
using a Red Caboose ARA roof casting as the starting point. It seems
that the model will be top heavy and not track well using the thick roof
casting. I would be interested in learning from those that have
assembled these two kits if they had any problems actually operating
these models.

Bob Witt