Re: Naperville 2008...

tmolsen@...

I second Richard's comment about booking your Sunshine reservation directly with the hotel in Naperville. Over the past several years, a number of the attendees tried booking for the meet through the 800 number only to be told that there were no rooms available and that they would have to book at the higher rate.

This is an old trick with many hotel central reservations people. Unfortunately, the 800 people never talk to the hotel people and just overbook to fill up the rooms at the higher rates

This happened last year and when I spoke to Martin about it, he called the hotel and they confirmed that they had plenty of rooms at the agreed rate. Several attendees persisted with the central reservations bureau (800--) people and were finally told that there were rooms available and booked them in, but only after a prolonged badgering.

Best Regards,

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479