Re: GARX car in Monon, IN

rwitt_2000

Richard Hendrickson wrote:

On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:28 AM, timboconnor@... wrote:

Well, gee, Bob, it looks like a Kingan & Co reefer to me. :-)
Sunshine
did a model for at least one Kingan reefer...

In fact, it was built, owned, and operated by General American under
GARX reporting marks and leased to Kingan at the time it was taken
out of service. The side sill tabs identify it as having been built
in the 1930s with a Duryea cushion underframe. I have several in-
service photos of these cars.

Richard Hendrickson
Richard,

Thank you, I assume that Kingan & Co. also owned and operated reefers
with their reporting marks.

I believe I have one photo from Bob's, but I will have to check.

Regards,

Bob Witt