Re: Car usage

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Following up on the QRL&P thing, a PCC car on a flat would be reasonable special move even in the 50's. I have a photo of a Dallas car being delivered to the MBTA facility in Everett that I took in 1956-57. The reason they went all the way to Dallas to get a car for Boston is that they needed double ended (rare for PCC's) cars to replace some very old cars that truned back where there was no loop. For that era, any trolley car that is a candidate for taking to a museum would be a plausible flat car load.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478