From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Larry Jackman
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:43 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Propane

In Kansas you must bury the Butane Tank or it would freeze solid in
the winter time. When Propane came along Butane lost its popularity
because Propane did not freeze and the tank could be left sitting on
top of the ground.
Thank you
Larry Jackman
ljack70117@... <mailto:ljack70117%40comcast.net>
Boca Raton FL 33434
My parents did not raise
any stupid children. They
sent the ten of us to the
neighbors to play and then
moved. They raised the four
of us that found them.

On Jun 14, 2008, at 9:19 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:

When I was a young adult (back in the early 70's) I was told in
answer to my question as to why so many old butane tanks found in
our area was that years earlier butane was a popular bottled gas,
more so than propane.Propane's later arrival and eventual dominance
obsoleted butane and butane distributorship.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai, CA

John Hile <john66h@... <mailto:john66h%40aol.com> > wrote: ---
In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jared Harper" <harper-brown@...>
wrote:
Would propane have been
used as a fuel in rural Kansas at that time?
Hello Jared,

From a quick web search, it looks like the Propane Marketers
Association of Kansas was founded in 1942.

Hope this is helpful,

John Hile
Blacksburg, VA