Re: UP flat car

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Richard,

Absolutely, a UP subsidiary! I'm not a UP maven, but I was told that in later years (like the 1950s) the only St.J&GI-marked car was a wooden caboose. Do you have any idea when the St.J&GI revenue equipment disappeared from the ORERs? For that matter, when did the UP reletter the cars from their other subsidiaries?

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Richard Hendrickson wrote:

On Jun 20, 2008, at 7:47 AM, Garth G. Groff wrote:

A very cool photo. Thanks for sharing it with us. Did you notice that
the car with the two men sitting on it is from the St. Joseph & Grand
Island? That has to be even rarer than the UP car.

Garth, the SJ&GI was a wholly-owned UP subsidiary and its equipment was listed under the UP in the ORERs (as was the equipment of the O- WR&N, OSL, and LA&SL).

Richard Hendrickson