Re: 40' Autobox cars

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Tim,

C&BT made double door cars with 4/4 ends and rectangular roofs, and with R-3/4 ends and diagonal panel roofs. I have both types in my stash. I believe all had the same double 8' doors. I haven't found a prototype for the latter car, and plan to use the sides to build a C&NW double-door riveted PS-1. Someday. Maybe.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

timboconnor@... wrote:

I think C&BT produced single door cars

6, 7, 8 ft door openings
3 different ends -- 4/4 RP, R+3/4 RP, R+3/4 Taper
10 panel or 12 panel riveted
RP or DP roofs

for a total of 3 x 3 x 2 x 2 = 36 permutations

Many of them have no prototype.

For the double door cars I think there was only one
side pattern and a single choice of door width, so you
only have variations by roof and end choices.