From: David North <davenorth@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: 40' Autobox cars
To: STMFC@...
Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 7:04 AM

Santa Fe FE-26 class, 40" double door cars were equipped with Evans loaders

during the 40s and they were removed during the 50s, as the cars were

transferred to auto parts shipping, etc.

A model of these was available from C&BT Part # HO-0401.to HO-0405. I've

found them in hobby shops and they appear on ebay from time to time.

They also made a variety of other road names including Wabash, NYC, B&O,

etc.

The ATSF cars are pretty accurate IMHO.

I don't know whether the other roads listed are prototypically accurate. I'm

sure other on this list will know.

Cheers

Dave