Re: Floquil thinner (way-back machine...)

Donald B. Valentine

I hope Andy Miller jumps in on this because I gave up on Floquil paints over thirty years ago as not worth the hassle. At that time we used plain old lacquer thinner without any problem but I don't know how much the composition of Floquil paints has changed in the interim. I believe a very little acetone was added the last time a batch of thinner was made up and that seemed to do a better job. Zylene may act muct the same way. There are plenty of things cheaper and better than Dio-sol that will do the job, however, and perhaps Andy Sperandeo can recall what the composotion of these various thinners listed in MR some years back was.

Don Valentine