From: Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Floquil thinner (way-back machine...)
To: STMFC@...
Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 9:34 AM
--- In STMFC@..., <rfederle@...> wrote:

Has anyone had any issues with any of these solvents
attacking the
plastic or resin (or other materials used in modeling)?

Robert Federle
To heck with the plastic! Will any of these liquids attack
my lungs
or nervous system? Just kidding :) about the plastic but
not about
me.

My paint booth exhausts to outside and the motor is outside
the air
path. I can tell by the smell, though, that the exhaust
fan doesn't
exhaust everything. Will a paint respirator be adequate?

So far Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone (MEK), Toluene, Zylene and
laquer thinner
have been mentioned. All are flamable, are they not? I
know these
will kill me or at least cause cancer in California but
what about in
the other 49 states?

I am sitting on a large stash of old formula Floquil, all
of which
seems to be OK. I would like to use it up. I can no
longer find
Floquil Barrier. Is there a substitute for that?

Gene Green
Out in the west Texas town of El Paso