Re: Floquil thinner (way-back machine...)

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Lacquer thinner works equally well with both old (square bottle) Floquil and new (round bottle) Floquil, and lacquer thinners have been my default thinners over the lives of both paints since the '50s. I have a large cache of square bottles, and I use both Diosol and thinner without any discernible resulting differences.

Since one can no longer purchase the wide range of lacquer thinner qualities that once filled the shelves of automotive paint supply houses, I will now on occasion now just use each paint suppliers own thinner formulations.

The advice to use ordinary household paint thinners for the new Floquil would seem to promise disaster.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento