Re: When the X's were added


Guy Wilber
 

In a message dated 2/27/01 7:46:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tomgloger@yahoo.com writes:

<< At what point in time did privately owned cars have an
X added to their reporting marks, and when did it become
mandatory? >>

Tom,

The ARA adopted the use of the "X" to indicate private ownership on May 18,
1910. A combination of letters assigned to each company was to consist of:
"not less than two, nor more than four letters, in each case ending with the
letter X, indicating private ownership."

Regards,

Guy Wilber
Sparks, Nevada

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.