From: Jeff <Bbear746@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Floquil thinner (way-back machine...)
To: STMFC@...
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 4:47 PM

I use 1 part paint 1 part gloss and one part xylene, mixed in the
color cup @ 10-12lbs, no problems.
Jeff Coleman

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, timboconnor@ ... wrote:

I premix with Crystal Coat (a clearer, nonyellow version of Gloss)
about 1:2 and also as Tony says, spray with low pressure (~10lbs)
and not too far away. It won't be as smooth as Accupaint but it
won't
have a paper towel finish either.

But mostly I use Floquil for highlighting, lightening, or
weathering.
It is very finely ground, easy to control and less prone to
sputter
than
acrylics.

From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@ .>
Ray Meyer wrote (referring to use of Floquil):
Spray on your color and after it has dried, then a coat of
Glosscoat
where the decals will go. I never get a visible buildup that
way.

Full agreement, Ray. A very thin coat of Glosscoat has
always
worked for me. If your Floquil paint layer is "grainy," you're
spraying
from too far away and some droplets are drying en route to the
model.

Tony Thompson