pulp and paper

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

I have a question about the use of box cars in the paper inducstry. The Chesapeake System has a large paper mill that receives pulp and ships paper in box cars.

What is the ratio of inbound to outbound for pulp and paper. I'm using about 3 to 2 for making waybills. Is that about right ?

To what extent are inbound box cars with pulp suitable for outbound paper loading. Absent any real information, I'd assume that grade of car required for pulp isn't necessarily suited for paper. Can anyone shed some light on this question ?

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478