Re: NYC Milk Car 6460

cvsne <mjmcguirk@...>

Ed,

Years ago someone (F&C - or molded by F&C for someone else) did a
resin kit for the NYC cars you're referring to. I have no idea if
they're still available. I never built one, but remember Andy
Sperandeo had one and was underwhelmed by the quality of the kit in
general.

I noticed in the last Naperville flyer I received from Martin Lofton
that Sunshine's 2009 model year would include a milk car - I can't
remember the entire description (it was very brief) but I do know it
mentioned a "CV" milkcar. I can't find the flyer (we've just
moved) -- but I do know the way it was described (Rutland/CV
milkcar????) it sounded to me like a typo and it should have been
Rutland/NYC milkcar. Which, of course, would make sense and could
very well be the car you're looking for.

I'll look for the flyer this week - but perhaps someone else has a
copy a little closer to hand.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Edward Sommer <ejsommer@...> wrote:

Group,
I asked this question on the PCL when this was posted there and
did receive a couple of responses.  I know there are a couple of NYC
experts on this list so I'll ask again:  does anyone know if there
is an HO model of this milk car.  I ask because these cars show up
in the consist lists of the book "Ghost Trains of the SP", the book
on the Overland mail trains and I would like to have one of these
cars for my train.
TIA,
 Ed Sommer
San Jose, CA