Re: ADMIN: Bridges Terminated

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Mike Brock wrote:
OTOH, after looking through my frt conductor's book for 1949, I'm yet to find a bridge in any of the 35 frt trains listed.
What makes sense to me is to restrict any bridge discussions to their applicability to freight car design. What we just had was a thread about how bridges themselves are built, clearly off topic, but Jim Sabol is right that not ALL bridge-related material should be out of bounds.
BTW, Mike, I bet those conductors CROSSED plenty of bridges, without which their runs would have been WAY shorter . . . <g>

Publishers of books on railroad history