Re: NYC Milk Car 6460

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

January, 2004 Trains magazine has a Chard Walker photo on page 49 of
a damaged NYC express car (that looks similar to one of these milk
cars) at Summit, California.

The caption reads--"Daughters Judy and Joy were born in '56 and '57.
They're standing on May 1, 1961 in the end of a wood New York Central
express car torn apart by too much drawbar force. Normally just the
coupler knuckle breaks, but in this case the entire end came out of
the car!"

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "cvsne" <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "armand" <armprem@> wrote:

Marty and group,The NYC and Rutland milk cars were
essentially
the same
car,with some minor refinements.Since the Rutland was under
NYC 's
control
many of the same designs were used including,locomotives ,rolling
stock and
buildings.Armand Premo