From: rickstern845215 <rstern1@cinci.rr.com>
Subject: [STMFC] B&O boxcar red
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 6:31 PM

I've just completed one of the Sunshine B&O Mansard Roof box cars,
ready to paint it. The instructions say "The paint used on B&O boxcars
was a bright red, but not as deep in tone as a caboose red. over time
this red seems to have faded toward a pink".

I'd appreciate suggestions for a Polly Scale paint mix that would
reflect a slightly weathered paint job. This seems to rule out the
typical boxcar red (brownish), though maybe Mineral Red (mixed with
caboose red??) would be OK?

Thanks
Rick