Re: When the X's were added

thompson@...

John Nehrich asks:
Were PFE and MDT considered railroad-owned? Or was it just this wasn't
enforced? (PFE, MDT, and probably a few others that I can't recall
off-hand, were listed in the back of the ORER's in the private owner
section.)
John, read the message again. PFE and MDT (along with SFRD) already
existed, with non-"X" marks, when this rule went into effect.
PFE at least was definitely considered privately owned; as such, they
were not subject to USRA jurisdiction during that period. I believe that is
true of SFRD also.