Re: Multi-fuel farm tractors.

Gene Green <bierglaeser@...>

My father used to tell about being hired to help unload and assemble
box car loads of farm machinery (no tractors, though) consigned to
Clyde Stonebreaker (sic?) in Chapin, Iowa. If "Stoney" had a name for
his dealership, I never heard of it. Point of this story is that, at
least between 1930 and 1940, small farm machinery such as plows, disc
and spike harrows, planters and so on was delivered in box cars. Sure
makes it easy to model. But on my model RR flat cars of tractors are a
must. So far I have material for loads of John Deeres, Farmalls and
Massey-Harris 44s.

Gene Green
OitwTtoEP