Re: Lima NYC/NISX stock car model

Charlie Vlk

The Lima N Scale stock car, like all the Lima N freight cars except the Bay Window Caboose, was fudged to
fit on a common 45'.underframe. It actually looks very much like the CB&Q 50' stockcar SM-19C which were
50' cars.
The "kitbashed" Mathers were interesting cars; I remember seeing them on the "Racetrack" at the Q Congress Park IHB interchange in both CB&Q and NISX
liveries. I have a copy of a drawing for 50' cars with steel ends that AFAIK never got built; the need for stockcars disappeared before they got into production.
Charlie Vlk