From: Richard Hendrickson
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Lima NYC/NISX stock car model

On Jul 21, 2008, at 11:27 AM, Charlie Vlk wrote:

> The CB&Q SM-19C cars were built by Havelock Shops in Nov and Dec of
> 1962. They have
> Stanray Diagonal Panel Roofs and 4/5 Improved Dreadnaught ends. The
> N Scale Lima car
> has the same arrangement of truss and slats as the Q car but the
> roof and ends are incorrect.
> Charlie Vlk
>
> No, no, and no. The models don't accurately represent any prototype
> stock cars, as far as I can tell; for one thing, stock cars had
> long since ceased to be built new before the late style Dreadnaught
> ends were introduced. North American did not use NISX reporting
> marks, nor did they lease stock cars to the NYC, during the steam/
> transition era. And green paint? Whose idea was that?
>

> Richard Hendrickson

What's your point, Charlie? Is this intended as a defense of Lima's
toy stock car, the only problems with which are that it was 45' long,
had the wrong ends and roof, and was painted dark green? In any
case, why are you citing the Q's SM-19C class, since it was built
well beyond the cutoff date for this list.

Richard Hendrickson