Re: Crates in Gondolas - loading restraints

Monk Alan <Alan.Monk@...>

Many thanks Elden, just the sort of info I was after.

The pics I've been able to find/see of gons laden with crates tend to be
consist pics or yard-wide shots like
:http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/shot%20of%20mo/shotofmomar03.ht
ml - the group of crate-laden gondolas roughly in the centre of that pic
is what I'm looking to recreate (well.. actually, I'd love to be able to
recreate the whole scene in HO ^_^ ) but obviously my models will be
viewed at a slightly closer distance and I'd like to be able to get the
packing detail right too!

Might one also assume that such packing/blocking/chocking would have
been left in the car when it was unloaded, so presumably it would be a
common sight to see such debris in the bottom of an empty gondola??

regards,
Alan,
London, UK