Re: Markers

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dennis Storzek wrote:
Irregardless of what Tony says, most railroad rulebooks were modeled on the Standard Code of Operating Rules throughout the period covered by this list, and so where pretty much the same from road to road.
Hmm. I didn't say anything to contradict the statement that "most railroad rulebooks were modeled on the Standard Code of Operating Rules," so am not sure of the "irregardless" comment. (Railroads obviously did feel free to adopt their own details in a number of places.) Amusingly, Dennis then goes to give numerous examples, relating exactly to the topic we are discussing, which verify the statements I DID make. Hmmm.

Publishers of books on railroad history