Re: HO Truck Bolster Clearance Hole

richchrysler <richchrysler@...>

A bushing of suitable size would certainly be a welcome product. I
need to fabricate these for almost every car I build. Up until now
I've been carefully cutting off the center bushing from Kadee coupler
boxes, filing the height as required and installing. Fiddly business
to say the least.
Rich Chrysler

--- In STMFC@..., Frank Greene <frgreene290@...> wrote:

Denny Anspach wrote:
Well, I would certainly agree, but in my experience fabricating
bushings of the proper depth and diameter is commonly much easier
said
than done, and it is just one more one-off part to lose. Slicing
off
rings from reamed-out styrene tubing might work, if it can be
done
without crushing the tubing in the process.

H-mmm.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

Insert a styrene rod that matches the inside diameter of the tubing
and
make your cut. Sacrifices a small piece of rod, but saves the tube.

--

Frank Greene
Memphis, TN