From: timboconnor@comcast.net
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 7:59 am
Subject: Re: [STMFC] PRR Pitcairn Yard, 1956

Correct: the photo date is 1955, not 1956.

So does anyone besides me think that reefer may be a Santa Fe (SFRD)
50 foot reefer? It looks like it may have been in a rollover derailment, from
looking at the dimples in the roof panels.

From: "Bruce Smith" <smithbf@auburn.edu>
On Sun, July 27, 2008 9:51 pm, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Was this where PRR put freight cars to pasture? I like
that steel reefer in the foreground...
http://www.first-out.com/ebay/0726116.jpg

Tim O'Connor
Tim,

Some of the cars are probably there waiting to be scrapped but IIRC, the
accumulation of H21s was part of a massive rebuilding program and they
will see the rails again. The steamers are probably in the scrap line.

Regards
Bruce