Re: I love this photo!

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Steve Lucas wrote:
Yet there is quite a variance in car colour, and the PRR would certianly have painted them all with "PRR STANDARD" paint.
This shows why I don't get too hung up on paint matching--the prototype didn't.
Steve, I don't think your conclusion is logical. Nothing I can see in the image contradicts the idea that every car was ORIGINALLY painted the identical color, but at different times, and has encountered different kinds and amounts of weathering.
And the glimpse of interior color and weathering variations is perhaps more interesting than the OUTSIDES of the cars.
Of course, Schuyler's point is relevant too. Few modelers of PRR or any road have model cars with this range of exterior color. After all, they "wouldn't look right."

Publishers of books on railroad history