Re: Mather boxcar plans

Larry Grubb <larry450sl@...>

Guys,
When we were doing this car for Proto, the drawing below was the best available. As Al alludes to below, there was no standard plan, heights and other details varied.
Larry Grubb

al_brown03 <abrown@fit.edu> wrote:
There's a Martin Lofton article on Mather boxcars in RMC 2/91 pp85-89,
with drawings by Chuck Yungkurth of an AC&Y 3000-series car: one of the
taller ones.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bud Rindfleisch <BlackDiamondRR@...>
wrote:

Hi group,
I am looking for scale plans for the 40' Mather patent boxcar. A
model magazine index search showed that the Mainline Modeler for
November 1986 has an article on them by John Nehrich. I read on this
list a few times of the sometimes inaccurate plans in MM. Can anyone
here with access to that issue confirm the presence of drawings
and/or
the accuracy of them?
Thanks,
Bud Rindfleisch