Re: Digest Number 5322

Bruce Smith

On Aug 3, 2008, at 12:06 AM, Justin Kahn wrote:

Thanks for all the help, guys. Reporting marks are BWCX, since the previous owner used Champ's set. What didn't occur to me until after I posted is that they are probably wrong anyway, as the car is a GLCa, and I'd guess the Berwind cars that went to PRR were GLC pattern. In any event, since I am pretty sure I had an RMC subscription in 1986 I'll dig around until I find that article. I suppose it could tell me that Berwind did have GLCa pattern hoppers, as the fellow I bought it from is no novice.
Jace,

Berwind did have both GLC and GLCA cars.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL