Re: ADMIN: Re: Kit instructions or lack thereof

Lawrence Rast

Kurt,

Always watch the adjectives--the rule says "business" "practices."
You'll need to define not only "practice" (very difficult) but couple
it with "business" (impossible!).

I would suggest that we not make more of this than necessary. I
really like the kits I buy from Westerfield, Sunshine, F&C,
Speedwitch, and others. All have their strengths and their
weaknesses.

Kind of like the posts to this list. All of which I VERY much APPRECIATE.

Best,
Lawrence Rast

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Kurt Laughlin <fleeta@verizon.net> wrote:
A fine point, I guess, but wouldn't criticizing a deliberate decision by a
manufacturer not to include instructions be tantamount to criticizing one of
their PRACTICES, and thus forbidden? Likewise, wouldn't discussions of the
PRACTICE of releasing models in inaccurate paint & lettering schemes, or the
PRACTICE of not updating molds to add details also be prohibited? (I have
seen a number of messages complaining about these last two - phrased
explicitly as a comment on the company's marketing decisions - pass by
unremarked.)

KL