PRR FD2 was Re: Early Schnabel Cars

tbarney2004

Tim Barney wrote:
As far as the welding comments, I believe the article I'd read said
that the Altoona shop forces hadn't done much/any welding on this
scale (particularly a single car this big) to date.
And naturally the PRR viewpoint is that if Altoona hasn't done
it, it can't have been done much elsewhere <g> -- or probably isn't
important anyway <gg>.

Publishers of books on railroad history
I've responded privately to Tony, and I just want to publicly say, due
to the tone of this response, my involvement in this thread is now
ended, and I have also seriously considered ending my involvement with
this entire group. That is all I will say publicly, and no replies
are needed or desired.

Tim Barney