Re: Freight car distribution

armprem

While I must admit that I am more familiar with roads in New England ,but by observing freight yard photos of other areas of the country I have concluded that there is the strong likelihood that I will not see as many Pennsy cars (of all types) in Los Angles as I will in Boston or moreUP cars in Omaha than in Baltimore.Armand Premo----- Original Message -----
From: "al_brown03" <abrown@fit.edu>
To: <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 9:12 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Freight car distribution

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "armprem1" <armprem@...> wrote:

I would like to reopen the dialogue on freight car distribution.I am
aware that to some, it may have been discussed ad nauseam.I firmly
believe that we tend see more freight cars within their own region
than by size.What is your opinion?Armand Premo
On this topic, my opinion doesn't count for much, since I don't have
original data. With due respect, I turn the question back. In regard to
the freight-car distribution on (for example) the Rutland, what are the
numbers? I intend the question in a friendly spirit of inquiry. It's
conceivable that the answer could be different from one railroad to
another, or even from one location to another on a sufficiently large
railroad.

-- Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.