Re: A Purpose For Frt Car Distribution Studies.

Tim O'Connor

With respect to the 'purpose' ...
I think it has been left unsaid that it is very common to go to an NP
layout and see far too many NP cars - or to a B&O layout and see almost
nothing but B&O cars.

My impression of most club layouts is that anachronism is a far
worse distraction than reporting marks. At least with good staging
the percent of reporting marks can be corrected, while the anachronisms
are impossible to fix. (They can only be surgically removed.) I've only
seen a few home layouts in my region, and when it comes to freight cars
well... the word "irremediable" comes to mind.