Re: Canadian Empties

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Quite true, Steve, but note that there is also an awareness that the rules can be applied and someone may notice. I doubt that was true for U.S. cars violating Rule 2. Canadian cars may well have been "confiscated" (as the term was) more than was legal, but I feel confident it was nothing like the situation for U.S. cars.

Taking the opposite side from my earlier Yakima example, on the NYC in the 60's loading Canadian cars other than to or via Canada was definitely a don't do.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478