Superintendent's association

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

FYI about this association.

The Association of American Railroad Superintendents was a professional association of railroad operating department officials. It was mostly trainmaster, superintendents and general mangers. I was a member for several years. As Manager of Car Distribution Systems (in the operating department), I was definitely eligible. mBut it was pretty loose. An operating department trainee could join.

The AARS had no authority. It was a forum for discussion and could influence development of rules, but could net prescribe them.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478