Re: A Purpose For Frt Car Distribution Studies. Was: Re: Re:Fwd

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Mike Brock said
> “First, note that my data is about 1/35 of the train consists for only about
a month and a half. What I was trying to say is that during this period of
time, the number of appearances by SP box cars is about 2.6 times what the
theory predicts.”

No reason to think this is an anomaly. More likely it represents the proximity of the railroads – see my earlier post about cars form other railroads in proportion to their distance from my railroad. I'm sure the proportionality theory is wrong. More on that tomorrow.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478