Re: Union Pacific Stock car class

Westerfield <westerfield@...>

The SP -5 and UP -6 were identical except that the UP retained the A end door from the -4 plan. Both -5 and -6 changed to dual center sills from the single on the -4. - Al Westerfield

----- Original Message -----
From: Anthony Thompson
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Union Pacific Stock car class

Rich Yoder wrote:
> Thank you Tony.
> What car class was that equivalent to on the SP?

Not clear to me. The UP S-40-6 cars were built in 1918, well
after the Harriman Lines had dissociated, and I really can't say for
sure if this UP class even corresponds exactly to an SP class. One
would tend to think of SP's S-40-5, built in 1915-1917, but I'm sure
details differ.

Publishers of books on railroad history