2008 St. Louis RPM Meet Report

golden1014

Gentlemen,

The 2008 St. Louis RPM Meet was held this past weekend (15 & 16 Aug, 2008) at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, IL.

The meet was a great success.  200 attendees enjoyed the meet, and brought a little over 1000 models for display. We provided 120+ door prizes, including locomotives from Athearn, Walthers/Proto 2000 and Intermountain.  We provided 65 tables for historical societies, hand-picked vendors, and over 38 tables for models brought by attendees for display.  We also had a nicely detailed, operating Freemo layout on display.

Clinics were provided by Ed Hawkins, Tony Sissons, Dan & John Kohlberg, Dave Roeder, Brian McQuitty, Mont Switzer, Chad Hewitt, Pete Smith, Stan Rydarowicz, Clark Propst and Mike Moore, and Frank Angstead of Intermountain. A pre-RPM tour of the Gateway rail Services facility in Madison, IL was also provided for attendees arriving early.

Photos from the 2008 St. Louis RPM Meet are available at http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2008_st_louis_rpm_meet&page=all.  If that link doesn't work, go to the PBase main site at http://www.pbase.com/ and type in Golden1014 and that'll take you to my photo home page.

Many thanks to our vendors that traveled far and wide to attend, and to all those who generously contributed to the huge stash of door prizes we gave away on Saturday afternoon.  And many thanks to everyone that attended--the meet was a big success thanks to you!

The 2009 St. Louis RPM Meet is scheduled at the same place, the Gateway Center, on 07 & 08 August, 2009. We hope to see you there!

Yours Very Truly,
Dan Kohlberg
Lonnie Bathurst
John Golden