Re: Freight car distribution

ed_mines

If I was taking pictures of freight cars I wouldn't take duplicates of
everday cars like PRR X29s, H21s...... I'd wait for uncommon cars, or
at least cars I didn't have negatives for.

This is sort of like a decal catalog. The common cars are under
represented and a couple of uncommon cars are present.

I'll bet Harrisburg never saw too many Canadian road hoppers.

Older cameras could hold just so much fim before they had to be
reloaded, which was difficult to do in the field. I recall Bob
Malonowski could only shoot a dozen photos on any given day.

I heard that old timers would bring along several cameras loaded with
film.

As for the cameras which used slide magazines, each photographer was
limited by the number of magazines he had.

Ed