Re: freight car distribution - rejecting the equal distribution hypo

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Cyril, I like your approach, but two comment/questions.

> 3. If we can show that in 1910 the non home box cars are distributed by national roster

Has anyone ever done this ? BC of course.

> 25% from the national fleet based roughly on the percentage of their car fleet. The split of model SP Lines box, flat and gondola cars was based on the percentage of each type of car on the roster at that time and the road names.

Does it really make sense to you that any one SP&S or DSS&A or BAR or FEC car would be as likelto get to your railroad as a car from T&NO or IGN or any other railroad that got near Houston ?

Cyril Durrenberger

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478