Re: Modern Data?

Malcolm Laughlin <mlaughlinnyc@...>

Posted by: "timboconnor@comcast.net" ) ------------ -- Original message ------------ --------- -
From: John Stokes <ggstokes@msn. com>
The very notion that box cars were distributed on all railroads across the
country in proportion to ownership is patently absurd on its face.
Really? So they were logically apportioned according to an exacting
formula that only yourself and Malcolm understand? Pray tell, let us
know what that could be! We're just dying to know.

I can't really believe you missed the point so widely Tim - you must be trying to give me a hard time. I've not suggesttd any formula. I've said the distribution is not knowable and presented some factors that support that conclusion.

Malcolm Laughlin, Editor 617-489-4383
New England Rail Shipper Directories
19 Holden Road, Belmont, MA 02478