Sunshine 50' Milwaukee autobox car kits.

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Please refresh my memory: I am in the midst of assembling two Sunshine cast resin 50' Milwaukee auto boxcar kits, one ribside, one flat welded. The Sunshine directions are the same as they included in their earlier 40' ribside boxcar kit, which creates some problems. The 40' directions specify and depict cast caps on the underframe cross bearers and- the placement of a number of cross ties both between bearers, but also between bearers and bolsters. However, none are included in either of the kits, and there are no 50' underframe photos to tell one way or another.

My preliminary conclusion is that the 50' cars did not have these features (cross bearer caps and cross ties), and the directions simply do not make this distinction.

Am I correct?

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA