Re: What HO truck(s) do we STMFC'ers want?

Brian Leppert <b.leppert@...>

Andy and Jason,

The Atlas truck is a very poor representation of the National C-1 70-
ton truck. If you have Tony's SP Freight Cars, vol.1, Gondolas and
Stock Cars, see page 218 for what the prototype really looks like.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@..., "Andy Sperandeo" <asperandeo@...>
wrote:

Brian, I think you're on to something with the 70-ton trucks. I
just built a Sunshine NYC
gondola kit that needed 70-ton trucks with a 3-1-3 spring package.
I used a pair of Atlas
trucks from a Hart convertible ballast car, adding semi-scale
wheels and Kadee brake shoes.
However, Atlas doesn't list these as separate parts and they aren't
as nice as your trucks
anyway.

Good luck,

Andy